This Month: How to Have a Cupcake Fundraiser
Cupcake fundraisers are growing in trendiness. People love cupcakes, and are willing to pay a little more money for a professional-looking cupcake that they didn’t have to make themselves. Because cupcakes are inexpensive, easy and quick to make, they are an ideal fund-raising product. Get together with your church, school or sports team to hold a cupcake fundraiser. You might be surprised at how much money you can earn for your organization.
Things You’ll Need
- Sprinkles and other decorations
- Decorations for the table
- Set the time and date for your fundraiser. Because cupcakes are good if the weather is cold or hot, they can be held at any time of year.
- Get the venue approved. This really depends on what you are raising money for. If you are raising money for a school, you might host the fundraiser at the school during a sporting event or parent-teacher night. If it is for a sports team, hold the cupcake fundraiser during the game.
- Decide what type of cupcakes to make. You can create the typical yellow, white and chocolate cake mixes, but you might also throw in a marble, red velvet or cookies and cream.
- Choose a topping. All of the cupcakes can have different toppings, depending on the cake materials. If you are selling cupcakes to children, however, consider putting on sprinkles. Sporting event fundraisers might need baseball or soccer ball designs on the frosting. If it is a more formal affair, go for a piped frosting or sugared flowers.
- Set your prices. Calculate how much you spent to make the cupcakes and be sure to add on to it, so that you actually make some money. It is up to you whether to add on for labor, but most people consider that their contribution to the fund-raising event.
- Advertise the upcoming event. There is no point holding a fundraiser if nobody comes. Put up signs at the school, church or sporting field where you are holding the fundraiser. Make sure that they are up a couple of weeks before the event so people can see the signs multiple times before the actual day.
- Bake, bake, bake. Cupcakes can be cooked and frozen or made fresh and frosted right away. The fresh ones taste the best, however. If you can get a couple of different people to make cupcakes, it might go along a little more quickly.
- Arrange your fund-raising table at your venue. Lay a tablecloth and set up any decorations you might have, such as confetti or flowers. Put out samples of all of the cupcakes so that the customers can see what is offered. You do not need to put out all of the cupcakes you have, because you might need multiple tables for that.
- Sell your cupcakes. This can be fun if you have several people doing the selling. You might consider selling a drink along with the cupcakes if you like, although you do not have to.